The event is always a 'learning opportunity' however, and this year was no exception.
I have jotted down the main areas for improvement, and hope I remember remind myself in 2017. They are in no particular order
- Don’t buy too much cheese
- Don’t attempt to make pastry in a food processor
- Do remember that Nigel Slater’s recipes always produce too much of something; this year lemon ice cream
- Don’t wrap up a present of biscuits for the dog and leave it among the other gifts
- Do have a modernist, bauble free, tree
- Make sure the food is almost ready before tucking into the fizz. Some advise that the food should actually be ON THE TABLE, but this is a step too far for me.
|Rendle gets stuck in|