Quote of the week

Life isn't about finding yourself, it is about creating yourself'

George Bernard Shaw
If you cannot mould yourself entirely as you would wish, how can you expect other people to be entirely to your liking?
Read more at: http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/keywords/wish.html

Thursday, April 26, 2007

Battle scars


Following the frenetic activity of the first two weeks of the campaign, we are now enjoying a few quieter days before the ‘last push’ ahead of polling day. In my case the rest is somewhat enforced due to a couple of war wounds sustained since Sunday.

While canvassing at the weekend I was unlucky enough to walk straight into the side of an unexpectedly open garage door which had been closed when I had approached the adjacent doorstep. A gash on the head and bruising resulted! Then on Tuesday I was so excited by the arrival of the postal voting list from Babergh (yes I know that many will find this reaction rather eccentric) that I fell down the stairs and am now nursing a cut lip and sprained wrist. I now look nothing like the picture on the front of our election leaflet and feel quite sorry for myself! Colin on the other hand is looking browner and fitter every day!

I suppose that’s why it’s called a ‘campaign’.