Quote of the week

Life isn't about finding yourself, it is about creating yourself'

George Bernard Shaw
If you cannot mould yourself entirely as you would wish, how can you expect other people to be entirely to your liking?
Read more at: http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/keywords/wish.html

Saturday, December 1, 2007

Sunday Feedback

My son Matthew seems to think that my blog is OK as far as it goes, but is distressed that I have switched off the capability for you, the readers, to leave immediate feedback on what I write. It has to be admitted, that although I am constantly surprised at how many people do seem to have accessed the site from time to time, I am aware that regular readers number fewer than 100, and that therefore the number of ‘nil returns’ in the feedback department may be a bit embarrassing.

However, I do get a fair few e mails in response to posts, and thought it would be a good idea to share some with you today. All three were written after the Folly in Folly Road post on Wednesday evening.

By e mail from Acton

‘Thanks for all the latest. The "creep" in density of the Piggeries is no surprise. I fear the same thing has happened with Chilton Woods. Originally it was to be 700 homes. At the public meeting with the developers, hosted by Acton Parish Council back in April, the developer's representative began by saying 700, subsequently said "700 or so, perhaps 750", and by the end of the meeting, if I remember rightly, a figure approaching 800 was mentioned. Ever since then I have taken it that the new development will have some 800 homes on it and I bet that's what it turns out to be. We shall see.’

By e mail from Great Waldingfield:-

'When agricultural land is worth circa £3k per acre – a farmer only has to permit the run down of his holding and hey presto – in a dozen or so years the value will increase a hundredfold. I can remember the pig farm in use and it was not a pretty sight (or site)! The precedent appears to have been set – run down your agricultural holding – do nothing and trust in the Local Plan. There needs to be some real and tangible planning gain for the local community. Ouch – just fallen off my soapbox so must retire for treatment.'

A regular correspondent from Little Waldingfield:-

'I heard it from you first Jenny.

Extra Extra Read all about it here!!!!'

I will post more feedback on the blog when appropriate! If the volume suddenly leaps from a trickle to a flood I will certainly consider turning on the automatic feedback switch.

Any comments will of course be reported anonymously (unless of course you want people to know that you are making a point!). If you don’t want me to publish your comments please let me know.