Quote of the week

Life isn't about finding yourself, it is about creating yourself'

George Bernard Shaw
If you cannot mould yourself entirely as you would wish, how can you expect other people to be entirely to your liking?
Read more at: http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/keywords/wish.html

Sunday, January 6, 2008

New Year - new mug-shot

To celebrate the start of 2008 I have decided to replace my picture on the blog with something rather more business like.

The previous picture, contrary to what many believed, was not taken in Ipswich docks, but in the city of Belem at the mouth of the Amazon river in November 2006. Nick and I had just partaken of a couple of glasses of the local cocktail after a tour of the town which accounts for the fact that the picture was rather out of focus.

Anyway I have a feeling in my bones that 2008 might be a more difficult year for us all, so a more restrained shot seems appropriate....