Quote of the week

Life isn't about finding yourself, it is about creating yourself'

George Bernard Shaw
If you cannot mould yourself entirely as you would wish, how can you expect other people to be entirely to your liking?
Read more at: http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/keywords/wish.html

Friday, November 28, 2008

A christmas tree for the Festival from Newmans Green










Out on my walk with Rendle the Lurcher yesterday I met local farmer, Ken Chamberlain on his way to cut a Christmas Tree from his small grove in Newmans Green, Acton. The tree is for the Christmas Tree Festival that is taking place in St Peter's Church in Sudbury from Wednesday to Saturday of next week.

The Newmans Green Tree, pictured on the ground above, is to have pride of place in the Church, and, unlike the other trees, will be there over the Christmas period. I am told that it will be dressed with over seventy lights!

The Festival this year will raise money for Breast Cancer Research. It was a really lovely event last year and I am looking forward to visiting the church once again to see what clever people have done with all the different trees. I hope to get some inspiration for my own efforts in the tree decoration department, which I have to admit are generally rather uninspired.