Quote of the week

Life isn't about finding yourself, it is about creating yourself'

George Bernard Shaw
If you cannot mould yourself entirely as you would wish, how can you expect other people to be entirely to your liking?
Read more at: http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/keywords/wish.html

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

An interesting, if disturbing, chart



I don't often write about national politics, and would rightly lose some of my readership if I did, but my gentle walk this morning with Rendle the Lurcher was much disturbed by listening to Ed Balls being interviewed on the Today programme.

(Yes I do have my Roberts Radio with me on my morning constitutionals!)

Listening to the list of public spending commitments that Ed Balls was making I thought that he was in Cloud Cuckoo land. Then I saw the graph above on the Spectator's Coffee House Blog site.