Quote of the week

Life isn't about finding yourself, it is about creating yourself'

George Bernard Shaw
If you cannot mould yourself entirely as you would wish, how can you expect other people to be entirely to your liking?
Read more at: http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/keywords/wish.html

Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Raised concerns about pylons

I am rather less sanguine than I was about the prospect of huge pylons marching close to Great and Little Waldingfield.

I hear on the grapevine that a strong challenge is being mounted against the two routes that run south of here. I have up to now felt that it goes against common sense and also against economic sense to do anything other than follow the existing route with a new line and I still feel this. However, I am less confident than I was.

John Fensom from Great Waldingfield has drawn an interesting website to my attention which has been set up by opponents to the northern routes. I feel that perhaps it is time to start more active opposition to ‘Route Four’ and I will be urging Parish Councils in Great Waldingfield and Little Waldingfield to consider joining the wider campaign. Individuals can get involved too.

To see the website go to:

See http://groton-pylon-alliance.co.uk/