Quote of the week

Life isn't about finding yourself, it is about creating yourself'

George Bernard Shaw
If you cannot mould yourself entirely as you would wish, how can you expect other people to be entirely to your liking?
Read more at: http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/keywords/wish.html

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Thanks to the bin men


I can't help wondering whether we have seen the last of the snowy weather. I do hope so! Unfortunately, although the last day or so has seemed quite springlike it is still only the middle of January so I am not too optimistic.

In connection with the recent snow and ice, a reader of the blog from Great Waldingfield has written to me as follows:

'I would like, through you, to thank the refuse collection team for their first class service throughout the bad weather and Christmas. Their service was impeccable, as it is throughout the year, and I rewarded them in the traditional way.'

I too thought that the refuse team did an excellent job. They were just a day late collecting our bin during the very worst of the weather, when our little road was like an ice rink. Otherwise the collections seemed to carry on as usual.

I will be forwarding the congratulations above to the relevant officers.