Quote of the week

Life isn't about finding yourself, it is about creating yourself'

George Bernard Shaw
If you cannot mould yourself entirely as you would wish, how can you expect other people to be entirely to your liking?
Read more at: http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/keywords/wish.html

Sunday, September 11, 2011

Three events this weekend

Yesterday I spent a busy afternoon visiting three of the four churches in the Ward, all of which are hosting events this weekend.  All events continue today, and I strongly recommend all three of them.


My first stop was at Chilton where a most interesting exhibition about the history of the Church is on display.    The exhibits provoked a good deal of interest as can be seen below.


Visitors at Chilton Church admiring the exhibition

Then on to the Little Waldingfield’s biennial Flower Festival.  I think that the exhibits this year, if it is possible, surpass even the wonders that were on display in 2009.  The displays were based on places in Suffolk. The lighthouse in the font, representing Southwold, shown above, was quite spectacular!  Woodbridge was also very inventive with its reference to the Sutton Hoo Treasure:

My favourite display however was that representing Aldeburgh:
Finally I arrived at Acton Church just in time to take in this year’s art show.  As usual the range of paintings on display was impressive.  I was a little concerned that the show appeared to be hung by theme rather than by artist, which is an interesting approach, but, possibly, a rather confusing one for the visitor.   On balance I prefer to look at one artist’s efforts at a time, but I know that this is a matter of taste.  The show, which has been on for two weeks now, closes at 5 p.m. today.

Art in Acton Church

No comments:

Post a Comment