Quote of the week

Life isn't about finding yourself, it is about creating yourself'

George Bernard Shaw
If you cannot mould yourself entirely as you would wish, how can you expect other people to be entirely to your liking?
Read more at: http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/keywords/wish.html

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Bloggers beware

I see from my inbox that the Joint Standards Committee of Babergh and Mid Suffolk District Councils has send out a set of guidelines for users of social networking sites, including bloggers.

I don't know if this somewhat belated initiative is the result of any 'unfortunate incidents' arising from innappropriate blogging, or if it is just a precautionary measure. I believe that it is true to say however that, by and large, government agencies are uncomfortable about the fact that it is hard to control these new instruments through which elected members can reach out to their electorates and beyond.

I do hope that the e mail has not been sent out because one or two quite controversial planning related matters are likely to hit the headlines soon.  Such matters always raise the level of of community's collective blood pressure!

This blog has now been running for some five and a half years, and I think, to date, I have only once, in the very early days, fallen foul of the thought police.  The rules about confidentiality are clear, and it is sensible to stick to them.

Anyway, all can rest assured, that I will be sure to express any unpalatable opinions in open meetings, before repeating them on my blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment