Quote of the week

Life isn't about finding yourself, it is about creating yourself'

George Bernard Shaw
If you cannot mould yourself entirely as you would wish, how can you expect other people to be entirely to your liking?
Read more at: http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/keywords/wish.html

Saturday, August 11, 2012

Olympic fever hits roads and tracks around Newmans Green

I particularly enjoy my early morning dog walks at the weekend.

There is no farm machinery to squash me onto the verge, no mums taking a shortcut to reach All Saints Middle School, no rackety motorcycles shattering the peace of the morning; just peace and quiet and the sound of the birds.

Well, what a change since the Olympics started!  Hoards seem to have descended onto the roads around here, running and cycling furiously.  Puffing and red in the face they speed by in wrinkled shorts that have clearly just been extracted from the back of the cupboard.  I do hope that they have cleared their olympic inspired efforts with their doctors.  Rendle and I get quite exhausted just looking at them!

I have thoroughly enjoyed the Olympics, and been uplifted by much of what I have seen from the comfort of my armchair. However,  I do wonder how long it will be before the tranquillity of our Saturday and Sunday morning walks is restored?

No comments:

Post a Comment