Quote of the week

Life isn't about finding yourself, it is about creating yourself'

George Bernard Shaw
If you cannot mould yourself entirely as you would wish, how can you expect other people to be entirely to your liking?
Read more at: http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/keywords/wish.html

Saturday, March 30, 2013

Suffolk County Council Elections, an announcement.





County Council elections will be held on Thursday May 2nd.  Many readers of this site already know that I will be standing as the Conservative Candidate for the Cosford Division..


Why did I make this decision?

I have very much enjoyed the last six years working as a District Councillor at Babergh on behalf of people in Waldingfield Ward. (Acton, Great Waldingfield, Little Waldingfield and Chilton).  I find the challenge of helping to run the council very interesting, but most of all I enjoy working with individual residents, parish councils, and organisations within the Ward to resolve their problems and improve their lives.

Accordingly when the opportunity came to do more of the same as a County Councillor I found it impossible to resist.

The Cosford Divison, which comprises some 18 parishes and runs from Cockfield to the North to Wattisham in the East and Aldham and Kersey in the South, is one of the most beautiful in the whole of the UK with regard to its countryside and also its heritage assets.  Those who know me are aware of my enthusiasm for supporting a prosperous future for Suffolk. This, I believe, can best be attained by working to protect our outstanding natural and built environment.  Cosford is a marvellous place in which to redouble my efforts in this area.

Additionally the areas of social activity that the County Council embraces, particularly education, adult care and community safety, are of great interest to me, touching as they do on the lives of all of us.  This is a further, equally important, reason to take this step.

I would like to conclude this post by sending a message of reassurance to residents of Waldingfield. 
I do not deny that, if I am elected, it will not be easy to combine the role of a District and County Councillor. I do however intend to reduce the level of my other, non-council-related, interests.  Additionally I have a promise of support from my fellow Waldingfield Ward Member, Frank Lawrenson and I will enjoy an increased level of co-operation with your County Councillor, Colin Spence.  In short, I am determined to continue to work hard on your behalf over the remaining two years of my term.

At the end of that time, if elected to the County Council,  I will be standing down from the District Council, but I have already identified at least one experienced and able person who is keen to stand for election in May 2015 with a view to taking on the role.


1 comment:

  1. Good for you...and, with luck on 2 May, good for Suffolk County Council.

    Local resident.

    ReplyDelete