Quote of the week

Life isn't about finding yourself, it is about creating yourself'

George Bernard Shaw
If you cannot mould yourself entirely as you would wish, how can you expect other people to be entirely to your liking?
Read more at: http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/keywords/wish.html

Sunday, September 15, 2013

Lavenham Good Neighbour Scheme, close to launch

A coffee morning was held to support the Good Neighbour Scheme in Lavenham yesterday morning.

The scheme is very nearly off the ground now, with a short delay being experienced due to unforseen non arrival of necessary paperwork.  I understand that news of the delayed launch date, which was to be on Tuesday,  will be available very soon.

I was at the receiving end of one of the Scheme's first acts of good neighbourliness when I discovered that I could not take photographs of the event because I had failed to replace the memory card in my camera. I was at something of a loss until a kind person helped me to take the snap above of Scheme organiser Doreen Twitchett (centre), flanked by friends, on my mobile phone!

I am afraid that I have to confess that although I am pretty good on my laptop I am hopeless when it comes to doing anything more than making and receiving calls on my mobile.  It just shows we all need a good neighbour from time to time.

No comments:

Post a Comment