Quote of the week

Life isn't about finding yourself, it is about creating yourself'

George Bernard Shaw
If you cannot mould yourself entirely as you would wish, how can you expect other people to be entirely to your liking?
Read more at: http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/keywords/wish.html

Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Hair raising tales



There has been some excitement in the Press about the fact that David Cameron’s hairdresser received an MBE in the New Years Honours List.  I have to say that I am not sure why a hairdresser should receive such an honour for just doing their job, however illustrious the head of hair in question.

My mother, who sadly died many years ago, was very proud to receive an MBE for her service in the WAAF during the War, and I think she would probably be rather bemused to see what seems to many to be the steady devaluation of the honours system.

When I worked in the Fund Management industry some years ago now, I had my hair done at the salon just round the corner from our office in Cork Street, where Tony and Cherie Blair’s coiffeur, Andre Suard, had a 'station'.  Apparently he went along to No 10 Downing Street every morning to primp the First Couple up.  Often he was the first person there and then made himself useful by turning on the computers and so on!

For those interested in reading more about policians, their hair and the Honours List I recommend this article by Harry Wallop.

No comments:

Post a Comment