Quote of the week

Life isn't about finding yourself, it is about creating yourself'

George Bernard Shaw
If you cannot mould yourself entirely as you would wish, how can you expect other people to be entirely to your liking?
Read more at: http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/keywords/wish.html

Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Waitrose by any other name....



I had a meeting today with a very nice officer at the County Council called John Lewis.  Being a great enthusiast for the Oxford Street store of the same name, I find John’s name very easy to remember. Sadly this is not the case with all of the officers I meet from day to day.

It then occurred to me that in addition to John Lewis, the Community Safety Manager at Babergh and Mid Suffolk is called Peta Jones….reminiscent of another branch of the same group.

I happened to mention this recently to another council employee.   He told me that ‘John Lewis’ also happens to be the nickname of one of his colleagues (whose real name, under the circumstances, had better remain a secret).

On enquiring why I was told that the officer in question is ‘never knowingly understood!’

No comments:

Post a Comment