Quote of the week

Life isn't about finding yourself, it is about creating yourself'

George Bernard Shaw
If you cannot mould yourself entirely as you would wish, how can you expect other people to be entirely to your liking?
Read more at: http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/keywords/wish.html

Sunday, June 22, 2014

Farewell to Bob and Gill


Bob with Colin Spence

A party was held at Bob’s Stores in Acton yesterday afternoon to bid goodbye to Bob and Gill Hodgson who have run the store for 37 years. In addition to providing me with newspapers and other necessities over the years, Bob and Gill have been a great support, and I will certainly miss our little chats!  I am pleased to say that the couple are not going very far in their retirement, having built a new home just around the corner.

A bright green cake was baked for the occasion and celebratory drink was also on offer.

The new owner, who comes from Sri Lanka, will be arriving over the weekend and will be taking over the shop on Monday.  His name is Mukua.  (Actually it is something rather longer than that…but Mukua will do for now I think!)

I am looking forward to meeting him.  I am sure that he will enjoy living in the village, and I know that all wish him well in his new venture. 

Acton residents enjoying a drink and cake in the sunshine.

No comments:

Post a Comment