Quote of the week

Life isn't about finding yourself, it is about creating yourself'

George Bernard Shaw
If you cannot mould yourself entirely as you would wish, how can you expect other people to be entirely to your liking?
Read more at: http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/keywords/wish.html

Sunday, June 7, 2015

Book Sale in Elmsett

Crawford and Angela Allen with some of the 1500 books

The lure of over 1500 books for sale drew me down to Elmsett Village Hall on Saturday morning.

I am pleased to say that I managed to take away fewer books than I contributed, but it was a close run thing!

The two day event was in aid of the Church, with refreshment sales on Saturday supporting the village hall.  I met a number of residents from whom I was interested to hear about the 'non connecting' bus service to Ipswich.

I will be raising this with the Council, but am not sure to what extent we can interfere with a commercial service.  However it seems a bit daft that the morning bus from Elmsett arrives in Hadleigh just after the one to Ipswich leaves, a guarantee that few people will use the service I would have thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment