Quote of the week

Life isn't about finding yourself, it is about creating yourself'

George Bernard Shaw
If you cannot mould yourself entirely as you would wish, how can you expect other people to be entirely to your liking?
Read more at: http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/keywords/wish.html

Saturday, November 7, 2015

How to make your own cider

We have a fantastic old apple tree in our garden which has recently been given a new lease of life by the removal of some aging and unsightly conifers nearby.

It is very large and produces lovely Bramley like cooking apples, although I am not sure that it is actually a Bramley.  We store as many as we think we can use, and the apples store well, but it would be good to be able to use more of them.  There is a limit to how many jars of apple chutney one can eat and/or give away!

In a recent edition of The Field there is a very good article on how to make your own cider.  It sounds relatively easy, although I think that investment in a small press would be easier than the muslin lined 'squares' approach that they suggest.  The article can be found HERE.

I am not sure that I will have time this year, but I have filed the article away for future reference.  If I manage to produce anything other than vinegar I will let you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment