Quote of the week

Life isn't about finding yourself, it is about creating yourself'

George Bernard Shaw
If you cannot mould yourself entirely as you would wish, how can you expect other people to be entirely to your liking?
Read more at: http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/keywords/wish.html

Friday, May 4, 2007

First and second past the post!


This is just a brief post to say that Colin and I were both elected as councillors for Babergh District Council today. The count was terrifying but exhilarating when it became clear that the biggest piles of ballot papers were for us. It was a very weird sensation seeing that people had actually voted for me! I have had one of the most enjoyable three weeks of my life since Easter when we started campaigning in earnest, and even had I not been elected the experience would have been marked down as a good one.

Many many thanks to everyone who helped us to achieve this 'famous victory'. We could not have done it without you.

I very much hope that I will be able to live up to the expectations that people have of me. I will do my very best.
We are going to France for a few days, returning next Friday so the blog will go quiet for a while. Rest assured however that I will be updating it on my return and hope to continue to use it to communicate with you.