Quote of the week

Life isn't about finding yourself, it is about creating yourself'

George Bernard Shaw
If you cannot mould yourself entirely as you would wish, how can you expect other people to be entirely to your liking?
Read more at: http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/keywords/wish.html

Friday, January 23, 2009

A narrow escape



I can hardly believe what happened to me this morning. I was sitting having my hair cut in Sudbury when I remembered that I had failed to display a ticket on my car. Having spent a lot of time obsessing about the 'Car Parking Situation' in Sudbury I found this oversight barely credible.
The truth is of course that I have lived close to Sudbury for 25 years or so now. I have locked and left my car in Sudbury’s car parks without the need for a ticket for so long, it is simply an automatic reaction not to think about it. After all, one doesn’t go round constantly reading signs, however much improved or prominent they may be.
But guess what! When I got back to the car with a sinking heart I had not received a penalty notice! This is despite the fact that I must have been gone for well over an hour.
Of course it was blowing a gale and pouring with rain. I suppose it must be much more fun issuing penalties for the absent minded when the sun is shining.