Quote of the week

Life isn't about finding yourself, it is about creating yourself'

George Bernard Shaw
If you cannot mould yourself entirely as you would wish, how can you expect other people to be entirely to your liking?
Read more at: http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/keywords/wish.html

Thursday, May 22, 2014

A quiet election day

Aldham Church, a polling station today.
Election days always seem to be rather quiet, unless one is a candidate of course.

Happily this year I am not, and so I have had a relatively quiet day, although did have a coffee this morning with some members of Lavenham Parish Council to catch up on some outstanding issues. I took a minute or two to try the new Co-op in the village, and was pleased to find a lot of local produce on sale, and some unusual things to buy.  I wish the venture well, but am concerned that the village may not have the capacity for a third grocery store.

I have not participated to any extent in the South Cosford by-election as I feel a little uneasy undertaking political activity in an area where I am a sitting councillor.  Once elected I aim to represent everyone regardless of their political views, so turning up on the doorstep with a blue rosette feels uncomfortable to me.

News from the battlefront this afternoon was that the turnout was depressingly low.  I suppose that one way of expressing dislike of the EU is simply not to vote.....and I know that there are people who are taking this view.

If you haven't yet voted....do consider popping out and doing so.  You know it makes sense.


No comments:

Post a Comment